Fat burning supplements are dietary supplement preparations, available in tablet, pill, or capsule form, which help burn fat. However, not all the claims of fat burning supplements in the market today are FDA approved and true. Some ads or listings exaggerate product descriptions to entice consumers.
It’s crucial to know the factors you must consider before buying and taking fat-burning supplements. Learn more about these important considerations by reading below.
Natural Qualities of the Product
As much as you’d like to take all the needed nutrients and other active ingredients to help hasten fat metabolism, it’s important to consider the natural qualities of a fat-burning supplement. Natural fat-burning ingredients are highly recommended to avoid running into health and safety issues brought about by synthetic chemicals or ingredients.
The following natural ingredients can help boost metabolism safely:
- CBD Extract: Premium cannabidiol or CBD isolate targets fat stores and burn calories, increasing the total energy expenditure or calorie burn, which activates the mitochondria or the powerhouse of the cell. The best CBD fat burner reduces fat gain. Also, CBD helps reduce hunger to decrease calorie intake.
- Green Tea Extract: It’s a natural plant extract with antioxidant and fat-burning properties, making it a great match for CBD.
- Garcina Cambogia: The Garcina Cambogia or Indian fruit is found in Southeast Asian countries. It influences the fatty acid biosynthesis because of the natural Hydroxycitric Acid or HCA content, a chemical that is similar to citric acid. It blocks citrate lyase, the enzyme that the body uses to make fat. Also, HCA helps increase serotonin levels to make you feel less hungry.
Vitamins and Minerals
The body burns more calories with a faster metabolism. On the other hand, slow metabolism leads to weight gain. As a person ages, metabolism also slows down. Vitamins and minerals available in whole foods and supplements help keep the metabolism active.
That is why aside from the actual ingredients, it’s also essential to know the nutrient composition of the fat burning supplement, such as vitamins and minerals. For instance, the body could benefit from pantothenic acid or Vitamin B5 effects wherein, when taken in the right amount could help in expediting burning fats or fat metabolism.
Here are the other vitamins and minerals that can help boost metabolism:
- Vitamin B12: This is an essential vitamin for fat and protein metabolism. However, it needs folate and vitamin B6 to function effectively.
- Vitamin D: This vitamin helps regulate blood glucose levels and improve insulin resistance among people with diabetes, which plays an important role in metabolism.
- Iron: Low iron levels in the body affect metabolism because this mineral is important for proper cell and hormone functioning. Also, low iron levels lead to poor muscle oxygenation. The muscle’s fat-burning ability to be used as body fuel is affected, leading to fat retention and weight gain.
- Calcium: A 2010 research shows that a combination of calcium and vitamin D can help enhance diet-related weight loss.
Your Current Medical Condition
Before you take any medication or food supplement, it’s essential to see your doctor. They can help you determine if you can take it safely. Doing this is especially crucial if you have any pre-existing conditions or illnesses. You want to be certain that the ingredients of the product will not affect your health and safety.
Active Ingredient Composition
Beware of fat-burning supplement manufacturers and sellers that don’t provide the complete composition and active ingredients of their products. They should provide thorough information about the plant-based and chemical composition of the product, and publish a detailed explanation of how it works.
Before you purchase and take any fat-burning supplement, make sure that you know about the following things about the product:
- Names of plant-based and animal-based ingredients, chemical composition, and other substances present in the fat burning supplement
- The exact amount of ingredients (e.g., in milligrams)
- Dosage instructions
- Disclaimer on possible side effects and adverse reactions
- Certification seal of product safety, such as the FDA approved mark
Taking fat-burning supplements can help boost your metabolism. A good combination of a healthy diet, supplementation, exercise, rest, and sleep will help you attain your weight, health, and fitness goals sooner. Remember, supplements aren’t supposed to completely replace proper diet and exercise. They’re meant to amplify a healthy lifestyle in helping you achieve your health and fitness goals.
Fat-burning supplements assist the body in reducing weight by boosting metabolism. The important considerations before taking fat burning supplements include knowing the ingredient composition of the product to ensure they’re natural, healthy, and safe. Also, you have to keep your medical condition in check by consulting your doctor.