When it comes to summertime, one of my favorite parts is being able to enjoy a delicious drink by the pool with some friends! With the first day of summer just passing, it’s time to learn some new cocktails for summer that you can make at home! Take your mixology skills to the next level and bring these cocktails for summer to the beach and the pool.
1) White Claw Slushie
If you’re unfamiliar with a White Claw Seltzers, Tik Tok, or both, then you may not have seen this drink before! A recipe that became a quick trend on the app was for a White Claw Slushie! As a result, this particular recipe was picked up and made by the iconic Food Network!
What you will need is:
- 1 (12 oz). can of White Claw (flavor of your choice) – the flavor you choose will influence your needed ingredients. The following ingredients are recommended (by recipe developer for Food Network, Amanda Neal) for each flavor:
- Black Cherry: Frozen pitted cherries and strawberries
- Ruby Grapefruit: Frozen bananas and dragon fruit
- Natural Lime: Frozen mango and pineapple chunks
- Raspberry: Frozen blueberries and raspberries
- Hard liquor of your choice (usually vodka)
The steps are simple, in fact there’s only one:
- Throw your ingredients into a blender to create a smooth and refreshing drink!
A couple of pro tips:
- Use a high speed blender in order to achieve that genuine slushie texture
- Try using crushed ice as opposed to cubes – it will help with blending your drink more evenly
2) Pink Lemonade Vodka
One of my favorite cocktails for summer is a pink lemonade vodka! Whether you’re grilling dinner or sitting poolside, this is bound to be a favorite in terms of cocktails for summer! This recipe, coming to you from Cafe Delites serves between 6 to 8 people.
You will need:
- 2 cups ice
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup Malibu
- 1 liter of Lemonade (or Sprite)
As with the previous recipe, there is only one step:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large pitcher filled with ice, adding the soda/lemonade last. Serve immediately.
3) Watermelon Mojito
One of my favorite cocktails for summer is a mojito! However, try out this mojito recipe with a twist coming to you again from Food Network for a game-changing experience!
You will need:
- Watermelon chunks
- 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 oz of white rum
Again, there’s only one step:
- Muddle 2 watermelon chunks with the juice of 1 lime and 2 teaspoons sugar in each glass. Stir in a handful of mint leaves, then add 2 ounces white rum and ice. Top with ginger ale; garnish with more mint. This yields about 4 drinks.
4) Berry Sangria
If you’re a wine lover like me, then odds are you cannot resist a great sangria. It’s one of the most perfect cocktails for summer. I’m sure you’ve tried the classic red and white sangria, but now get ready to try out berry sangria! Yup – you read that right!
According to this recipe from AllRecipes, you will need:
- A (750 ml) bottle of chilled mild red wine
- 1 apple, cubed
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- A cup of raspberries
- 1 cup pitted and sliced cherries
- A cup of cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- ¾ cup brandy
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda
Surprise! This is once again a one step recipe:
- Mix wine, apple, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, blueberries, blackberries, and brandy together in a pitcher; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir lemon-lime soda into wine mixture.
5) Moscow Mule
One of my go-to drinks at any bar is a Moscow Mule. It’s the perfect cocktail, combining vodka, ginger beer, and lime! Enjoy!
According to this recipe (again, coming to you from AllRecipes), you will need:
- 1.5 oz. vodka
- 1.5 oz. lime juice
- 1 cup ice
- 1.5 cups ginger beer
- 1 lime wedge (for garnish)
Although there are 2 steps for this recipe, they are very simple:
- Pour vodka and lime juice into a mug; add ice cubes and ginger beer. Stir to combine.
- Drop a lime wedge into the mug for garnish.
6) Strawberry Mimosa
If you’ve ever been to or have had a boozy brunch before, then I’m sure you’ve had a mimosa before! However, try out this mimosa with a twist coming to you from Mindful Avocado!
You will need (in order to prep about 6 drinks):
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 (25 oz.) bottle of champagne, chilled
Your steps are as followed:
- Add orange juice and strawberries to blender and blend until smooth.
- With champagne flute tilted, slowly fill glass halfway with champagne.
- Top with orange-strawberry juice mixture. Garnish with strawberry and orange slices (optional).
I am ending this list on what I think is one of the greatest inventions: frozen rose! You need to learn the A Couple Cooks recipe for one of the most delicious cocktails for summer!
You will need:
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of Rose wine
- 8 large strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey (can use maple syrup to make vegan)
The steps are as followed:
- Open the rosé and pour 2/3 cup into a glass measuring cup; set aside for when serving.
- Remove the tops of the strawberries and cut them in half.
- In a blender, blend the remaining rose, strawberries, and honey until smooth and fully combined. Then pour the mixture through a strainer and into a covered baking dish.
- Transfer the baking dish to the freezer and freeze at least 6 hours, or overnight. (The alcohol in the mixture will keep it a slushy texture instead of freezing solid.) Blend the mixture again until it comes to a fluffy texture.
- To serve, place the blended mixture into a glass. Then pour a splash of rose into each glass (this step is important: it gives the final texture and brings in the character of the rose). If desired, garnish with strawberries and serve.