The thought of overcoming the need to shave or wax body hair is like a dream come true for many girls! The prospect of tweezing the body hair or dealing with the pain of ingrown hairs is a regular challenge, and we all want to do away with it. The rise of laser removal has become a long-lasting hair removal solution for millions of women across the globe.
In recent years, New York City is overflowing with zillions of laser removal service providers. Wondering how would you know who offers the best and hair removal services? How can you go beyond the claims of the clinics to understand what they offer?
We’ve got you covered!
Picking the Best Laser Hair Removal Service
For laser removal, you need to opt for a clinic that provides top-of-the-range lasers for all types of clients. For obvious reasons, FDA-approved lasers are a bit pricier than local ones and should be avoided by all means. It is best to ask for grade four lasers that are used in reputable clinics and hospitals. Experts recommend choosing Sevana Petrosian’s high reputable med spa SEV Laser. Which offers different beauty services in more than 20 locations, including SEV Laser New York. Some of the best-known laser removal procedures include:
- Diode laser hair removal: This hair removal method uses a long wavelength and an intense penetration of the skin. This process is very effective in people who have dark skin tones and coarse hair texture. It is a versatile method that involves no pain due to the advanced technology used.
- Alexandrite laser removal: If you have a lighter skin tone, this procedure could be best suited for you. The wavelength of the laser used here is shorter than diode laser hair removal, and it works on the upper layer of the skin. You may have to take more sessions to get fine hairless skin with this method.
Besides these two popular procedures of laser removal, other services include IPL or intense pulsed light, Ruby laser hair removal, and YAG treatments.
Consider Experienced Practitioner for Laser Hair Removal
Though technology and the quality of lasers used in the clinic play a critical role, the experience and skills of the practitioner can stand between the success and failure of your treatment process. There are loads of new clinics mushrooming everywhere, and to fulfill the vacant posts, they often recruit straight from the beauty colleges. This can be a potential threat to your laser removal because the practitioner has no experience.
An experienced professional, on the other hand, has treated all kinds of patients with varying skin tones and textures. They will instantly know what would suit your skin and tailor their treatment procedures to ensure maximum benefit. Moreover, they can also adjust the settings and give the proper aftercare guidance, which you can never get from an inexperienced apprentice.
Customer Care Service
The procedure is costlier than tweezing, plucking, shaving, or waxing for its permanent results. And you will have to shell out quite a lot from your pocket if you have decided to get this non-invasive surgery. Therefore, you will also want to feel valued and respected client for the clinic. For this, you must try to comprehend the following areas of the clinic:
- Waiting time: If you have to wait for a long time before anyone addresses your concern, it may not be a good sign. This can happen every time you pay a visit to the clinic for your laser removal treatment. If a clinic cannot manage customers efficiently, resulting in longer waiting times, it only hints at their unprofessionalism.
- Friendliness: You must also consider how they treat you when you first visit the clinic? How friendly are the staff members? Are they interested in knowing your concern? Do you feel comfortable sharing your views with them? All these things speak a lot about the attentiveness and friendliness of the clinic. After all, you will always want to feel comfortable and convinced rather than being rushed for something you don’t really want.
- Ambiance: Since laser treatment is a sensitive procedure, you must pay close attention to the clinic’s surroundings. If you see it has a drab and outdated look, the chances are that they are not technically sound. Ideally, laser removal clinics should be spic and span with an impeccable ambiance.
Pricing vs. Services
If you opt for the cheapest option available to you, it implies that the clinic had to cut corners in some aspect. This may range from technological investments to hiring inexperienced professionals to use cheap products.
Any of these may put you at an unwanted risk, or at least, it implies that you will not receive the best of the services. The best way to strike a balance is to compare the services and pricing of the product. Many clinics claim to offer laser removal at a lower price point, but you may see that it is exclusive of the consultation fee and other hidden charges when you visit the clinic. You can also come across clinics that provide financing schemes and attractive plans for payment which can be helpful for you.
However, the location of the laser clinic is another factor you need to consider. Picking a local salon will make it easier for you to be present for follow-ups and run to your doctor if you need any emergency advice. If you have to cancel and reschedule the appointments for your treatment, it will be difficult for the clinic to offer the best results.