Waxing is a painful procedure, and so is micro-needling and tattoo inking. Who doesn’t want to get rid of the unwanted body hair and add a little spark with well-designed tattoos? But the process is easier said than done. Many people complain about the pain that occurs during the process. Even though the degree of pain varies from person to person, it is never painless. It becomes especially more painful for beginners. Under such a scenario, the role of a numbing cream comes in.
What Is a Numbing Cream?
As the name suggests, numbing creams are those creams that numb your feeling of pain experienced during waxing or tattooing. It makes the entire procedure significantly less painful, limiting it to a minor sting.
Check out these best-selling numbing creams in 2021:
Numb Master Topical Anesthetic Cream
It contains 5% active Lidocaine and is the most potent anesthetic cream available over the counter. Using this numbing cream provides you with a significant relaxing experience during waxing and inking. FDA approves this formulation, which guarantees its effectiveness and prescribed standards. Once applied, its effects last for nearly an hour.
- FDA approved and safe to use
- Non-greasy and non-oily formulation
- Numbing effects last for around an hour
- Strong formulation
- Might not be equally effective for entire body waxing
- Not competently helpful for the Brazilian wax
LMX Topical Anesthetic Cream
Ferndale Labs manufactures this numbing cream. LMX Topical Anesthetic Cream’s most active contained in this formulation is Lidocaine of 5% concentration. The first application might make you feel a slight sting, and then the area gradually numbs. It penetrates deep into the skin and reduces the pain of waxing, burning pain, and laser hair removal aches. The effects last for a significant amount of time.
- A dependable and trustworthy manufacturer
- Dermatologically tested and approved
- Strong and effective formulation
- Might not be equally helpful for longer waxing sessions
- Effectiveness varies from one person to another
Topicaine 5 Topical Anesthetic Gel
This numbing cream is generally used for reducing pain in the anorectal region. Containing the strongest potency of 5% Lidocaine, it competently provides you with a less painful waxing session. Easy usage methods make it more popular. However, its effects can be felt after around an hour of application and lasts for around ninety minutes.
- Effective temporary pain reliever
- Long-lasting effectiveness
- Long waiting period
- Might cause a burning sensation to fingers, requiring proper finger protection
Uber Numb Topical Numbing Cream
This multi-purpose numbing cream effectively reduces pain caused due to piercing, tattooing, PMU, microblading, injections, micro-needling, along with other non-invasive processes. This non-oily formula is formulated with 5% Lidocaine. It rapidly penetrates deep into the skin and starts working within twenty to twenty-five minutes of application. Its effect lasts for even up to four hours.
- Non-oily, non-greasy formula
- Long-lasting effectiveness
- Multi-purpose usage
Dr. Numb Topical Anesthetic Cream
This numbing cream is highly beneficial as a waxing pain reliever. Containing 4% Lidocaine, you can avail of it over the counter. This non-greasy, non-oily fast action formula is water-based, providing long-lasting numbing effects. It rapidly penetrates deep into the skin and starts working instantly.
- Hypoallergenic, non-greasy, non-oily formulation
- Instant numbing effects with long-lasting effects
- Competently works for Brazilian wax too
- Uncomfortable waiting period
Lidocaine Plus Maximum Strength
This is a budget-friendly numbing formulation, ideal for beginners in the waxing genre. Lidocaine Plus Maximum Strength consists of 4% Lidocaine and Aloe Vera to soothe the skin from any tingling or burning. This water-based formula is perfectly suitable for sensitive skin too. However, you need to spare at least around an hour to feel its numbing effects.
- Aloe Vera makes it ideal for use on sensitive skin
- A lasting effect of around sixty minutes
- Comparatively less competent than other formulations available in the market
- Long waiting period
- Not ideal for long waxing sessions
Buying Guide for a Numbing Cream
Some essential factors that you need to remember while choosing numbing creams are as follows:
- First, identify your reason for using a numbing cream. Not all creams are multi-purpose; some are used for waxing, some for micro-needling or tattooing.
- Carefully monitor the ingredients of the numbing formulation you are choosing. In case you are allergic to any of the ingredients, you should avoid using them.
- Seek expert opinion if you are a beginner.
- Read customer reviews.
- Choose readily available creams.
- Beware of the side effects of numbing creams.
So, now you can pick the best numbing cream that serves your purpose. Take some time to identify the best one and consult with experts to ensure the best outcomes!