At-home skincare enthusiasts and women who believe in DIY beauty all agree: there are a million and one effective homemade face masks to thwart pimples. Many common foods and ingredients, including cucumbers, oatmeal, grapes, and yeast make effective homemade face masks to keep your skin pimple-free.
At-home facial masks are a great low-budget way to take care of your skin without breaking the bank. For some pimple-busting masks, you can easily make at home, read on.
Cucumber face mask
- Blend one small cucumber and one cup of oatmeal to create a paste.
- Mix one teaspoon of the paste with one teaspoon of yogurt, then apply to your face.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes, then rinse.
Cucumber face pack
- Mash one whole cucumber, strain the water, add one tablespoon of sugar and mix well.
- Apply to the face, wait 10 minutes, and wash off with cold water.
See Also: Amazource skincare – the Skincare Company with a Purpose
To make this one-ingredient mask,
- Use warm water to rinse your face (this opens your pores up).
- Then, apply honey and leave it on the skin for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the honey off with warm water, then rinse again with cold water to close your pores. Honey’s natural antiseptic properties make it an effective acne-fighter.
Honey, oat and whole milk face mask
- Blend three tablespoons of dried oats and one tablespoon of whole mix, and blend until you’ve made a paste.
- Then, mix in a tablespoon of organic honey.
- After washing your face with an oil-free cleaner and warm water, apply the honey-oat-milk mix to your face in an even layer.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes, then rinse off with warm water. Finally, splash your face with cool water to close your pores.
- Mix together: two teaspoons oatmeal, one teaspoon baking soda and enough water to form a paste.
- Smooth the paste over your face, gently rubbing it in, then rinse thoroughly. Oatmeal is naturally soothing, and this rinse helps clear pimples.
Oatmeal and coconut oil face mask
This pimple-fighting face mask combines the antibacterial and antifungal properties of coconut oil with oatmeal’s soothing and pH-balancing powers to clear pimples up.
To make this mask,
- Combine three tablespoons of oatmeal with 1/4 cup of water and mix to form a paste.
- Then, add one tablespoon of coconut oil and mix it into the paste.
- Wash your face with warm water and an oil-free cleanser to cleanse your face and open your pores.
- Apply the coconut-oatmeal paste. Leave it on for 15 minutes, then gently massage your face with small circular motions for two minutes.
This removes dead skin cells that can clog your pores, causing pimples. Finally, rinse the mask off with cool or lukewarm water and pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
Lemon-egg overnight face mask
- Mix the juice from half a lemon with one beaten egg white.
- Apply the resultant mask to your face, making sure to avoid your eyes and mouth, and leave it on overnight while you sleep.
- Wash the mixture off in the morning with warm water. This mask will dry pimples out overnight, and the lemon will also brighten your skin up.
Also see: Sleeping Masks to Get Glam Overnight
Turmeric face mask
Traditional Indian Ayurvedic medicine has relied on turmeric for a range of skincare products for centuries.
This turmeric-based mask for pimples has ingredients that are readily available at spice markets and Indian ethnic food stores: 1/2 cup chickpea flour and two teaspoons each of turmeric powder, sandalwood powder, and ghee or almond oil.
- You’ll want to mix these ingredients with enough water to make a paste.
- Then, apply the mixture to your face as a brightening, pimple-busting facial mask.
- Leave the mask on for 5-10 minutes, rub with pressure from your palms and fingers to remove the paste, and rinse well to remove all the paste.
This mask will both stop pimples in their tracks while brightening and clarifying your skin
Aloe Vera and tomato juice face mask
This two-ingredient mask will tone your skin, fight breakouts and reduce acne scarring.
- To make it, mix two tablespoons of tomato juice and one tablespoon of Aloe Vera gel.
- After washing your face with an oil-free cleanser, apply the aloe-tomato juice mask to your face, let dry for 15 minutes, then remove it by rinsing with lukewarm water.
- Finally, splash your skin with cool water to close and tighten your pores.