Piercings are a great way to express your individuality and add some flair to your personal style. With so many different types of piercings out there, it can be hard to know where to start. But don’t worry, I’ve got you covered!
Before we dive into the different types of piercings, let’s go over some basic information. First of all, it’s important to choose a reputable piercer who uses clean, sterile equipment. Make sure to ask about their sterilization methods and check for certifications or licenses.
When it comes to healing, each piercing has its own timeline and aftercare routine. In general, it’s important to keep the area clean and avoid touching it with dirty hands. Some piercings may require a saline solution or specific cleaning instructions from your piercer. Be patient with the healing process, and don’t change the jewelry too soon.
Now, let’s move on to the fun stuff—the different types of piercings!
Types of piercings
Ear piercings: Ear piercings are perhaps the most common type of piercing, with many different options to choose from. Some popular ear piercings include:
- Lobes: The classic ear piercing is located at the bottom of the earlobe.
- Cartilage: A piercing through the upper part of the ear, often done in the helix or forward helix area.
- Tragus: A piercing through the small piece of cartilage that protrudes over the ear canal.
- Daith: A piercing through the innermost fold of cartilage in the ear, which can be a bit more difficult to do.
Nose piercings: Nose piercings have become increasingly popular in recent years, and there are a few different options to choose from.
- Nostril: A piercing through the side of the nose, usually done on one side or both.
- Septum: A piercing through the piece of cartilage that separates the nostrils.
- Bridge: A piercing through the skin at the top of the nose, between the eyes.
Facial piercings: Facial piercings can be a bold statement and add a unique touch to your look.
- Lip: A piercing through the lip, either on the side or in the center.
- Tongue: A piercing through the tongue, usually located towards the front.
- Eyebrow: A piercing through the eyebrow, often done above the outer corner of the eye.
Body piercings: Body piercings can be a bit more daring and are often done in more intimate areas. Some popular options include:
- Navel: A piercing through the skin at the belly button.
- Nipple: A piercing through the nipple, either on one or both sides.
- Genital: There are many different types of genital piercings, ranging from simple to more complex options.
Some famous celebrity piercings
Here are some famous celebrities who have rocked some cool piercings and a few quotes about piercings to go along with them:
Rihanna: This pop star is known for her edgy style, which includes multiple ear piercings and a septum piercing. She once said, “I always try to put some edge in there, just to keep it interesting. I never want to be too safe.”
Scarlett Johansson: The actress has a few ear piercings and a nose piercing, which she often shows off on the red carpet. She once said, “I’m always changing my hair and my style, but my piercings are something that have stuck with me.”
Emma Watson: The “Harry Potter” star has a subtle cartilage piercing on one ear, which adds a touch of cool to her classic style. She once said, “I got my cartilage pierced when I was 13, and I’ve had it ever since. It’s just a small thing, but it makes me feel a bit more rebellious.“
Lenny Kravitz: The rock star has a few piercings, including a nose piercing and multiple ear piercings. He once said, “I’ve always been into body art and self-expression, and piercings are a part of that for me. It’s all about expressing who you are.”
Jada Pinkett Smith: The actress and musician has a few piercings, including a nose piercing and multiple ear piercings. She once said, “Piercings are a way to express yourself and show your personality. I love trying out new jewelry and seeing how it can change up my look.”
Piercings can be a fun and unique way to express yourself, but it’s important to do your research and choose a reputable piercer. Remember to take good care of your piercing during the healing process, and don’t hesitate to reach out to your piercer if you have any questions or concerns.
Whether you’re looking for a subtle ear piercing or a bold facial piercing, there are plenty of options to choose from. Don’t be afraid to try something new and see how it can add to your personal style.
So go ahead, book that appointment with your piercer, and let your personality shine through your new piercing!