Feeling single in a very big city like New York can be complicated from time to time, just ask Carrie Bradshaw. With so much to see and do along with so much to learn and experience, the thought of being a single NYGal can be bothersome at times, especially if you’re at a certain age. Let’s face it, we all yearn to be loved and cared for immensely because it is in our nature to connect with others no matter how big the city or country is.
Many ask, “Where can I mingle in Manhattan?” or “Where are the single people in the city hanging out?”. Well, your questions can be answered by you stepping out of the cave and exploring different places where you’ll encounter like-minded people who are currently craving to mingle or meet that special someone. Since New York City is packed with restaurants, lounges, cafes, and whatnot, mingling won’t be a problem. With that being said, here’s a list of places the single NyGal can go to in Manhattan and Brooklyn for some socializing:
1. Cha-An – 230 East 9th St, New York, NY
2. LĒNA Wine Bar – 137 Eldridge Street, New York, NY
3. Sweet Polly – 71 6th Ave, Brooklyn, NY
4. Anotheroom – 249 W Broadway, New York, NY
5. Manhattan Cricket Club – 226 W 79th St Level 2, New York, NY
6. Oscar Wilde – 45 W 27th St, New York, NY
7. Cafeteria – 119 7th Ave, New York, NY
8. Wine Escape – 405 W 44th St, New York, NY
9. Sugarburg – 519 Metropolitan Ave, Brooklyn, NY
10. Eataly – 200 5th Ave, New York, NY
Obviously, you can still meet someone at traditional places such as local parks, supermarkets, libraries, bookstores, museums, and galleries. If you’re a homebody, you can always access websites such as Meetup or Elite Singles. Always remember to think positive, choose wisely and be patient on your quest to finding your soulmate.
Image Credit: Miramax(35)