Eye care is a very important part of one’s skincare routine. Dark circles and puffy eyes are always troubling concerns. Under-eye creams and serums definitely work. But they tend to take an eternity to show results. You will be surprised to know that there is an amazing and convenient alternative for these eye products: teabags! Teabags are easily available, and they are an effective way of bidding adieu to dark circles. How long does it take for teabags to get rid of dark circles, and how does it work? Read along to know more.
The most common reason for using tea bags is that, compared to other eye products, they are a very cheap alternative. Apart from this, they are very easily available in grocery stores. They guarantee immediate results, and the process is as easy as making tea! Tea bags can cure dark circles. One may ask, “How long does it take for teabags to get rid of dark circles?” and the answer is quite simple. It yields immediate results without putting you through patience training. Tea bags not only help with dark circles, but they also help with redness, eye bags or puffiness, and, in some cases, irritation caused by eye infections.
Do Teabags Really Work?
Let’s talk science. For those who aren’t aware, teabags contain caffeine. While caffeine isn’t ideal for the rest of the body, it is great for the eyes. What effect does caffeine have on the bags under the eyes? Puffy eyes are a result of the change in blood flow caused by unhealthy habits like sleeping late, stress, etc. This is where caffeine comes into the picture. It controls the blood flow by narrowing the blood vessels, thereby helping the body maintain a regular flow. In addition to this, the antioxidant properties of tea are also ideal for the eyes. They help in evenly distributing the substance collected under the eye, which is a major cause of puffiness. In short, teabags work like magic for the eyes.
How To Use Teabags For Eyes?
There is a certain way to use tea bags so that it yields the best results. Directly putting teabags on your eyes isn’t going to help. Dry tea bags are as good as useless. You have to dip the dry tea bags in warm water to activate the dried tea leaves. After all, magic doesn’t happen without a spell. Cool it till it’s lukewarm. Keeping it a tad bit warm is ideal, as it helps relax the eyes. Another way to use teabags effectively is to dip them in warm water, activate the tea leaves, and then freeze them. Frozen tea bags work like a charm for puffy eyes and dark circles.
These problems are mainly caused by dehydration of the eyes, which the frozen tea bags rehydrate. How long does it take for tea bags to get rid of dark circles in a frozen form? This too is an instant process but needs repetition. You should follow this process 2-3 times a day to see the effect. This is because hydrating the eye once is not enough. Once you notice a difference, you can reduce your dosage from 2-3 times per day to once per day. Within a week, you can see the magic happening.
Some Steps to Follow to Avoid Puffiness and Dark Circles
- Sleep well. This step is the most important. Getting 7-8 hours of sleep per day is critical, but it goes unmentioned. Your eyes work tirelessly for you throughout the day. It deserves a break too. Hence, do your eyes a favor and sleep well.
- Less stress, less mess. It is undeniable that the less stress a person experiences, the brighter their skin becomes. It is so true! The effect of stress is visible on one’s face, especially the eyes. It is visible in the form of dark circles. When you worry less and are more cheerful, your eyes will glow better.
- Hydration was, is, and will always be the key. Nothing can compare to what water can do for your body! If you are somebody who drinks 7 to 8 glasses of water daily, you will not have to look for solutions for eye problems in the first place because you will not have them!
- Eye products: go through the ingredient list before using any eye product. Some products may not be suitable for your eyes and work in a negative manner instead of a positive one.
- No touching! The eyes are definitely one of the most sensitive regions of the body. Meanwhile, hands are the most used. We use our hands for literally anything. We catch a lot of dirt and germs while doing so. When we touch our eyes, they get affected. Apart from this, rubbing your eyes can also cause black circles.
Now you know how long tea bags take to get rid of dark circles. If you face problems like dark circles or puffiness, tea bags are the way to go. Knowing how long it takes for tea bags to get rid of dark circles and how easy it is to use will definitely help you have a better eye care regime!