When you do not allow words to leave your lips or your feelings to leave the chambers of your heart, you need somebody to hold you from falling apart. There are times when the grip is not strong enough and you let loose into a million pieces. There remains nobody to confide in, nobody to help you the way you ought to be helped. There are also instances when, even if somebody offers a helping hand, it remains insufficient. It might be because you are hurting and healing looks like a long shot. Before getting help from others, one needs to realize what it is that is hurting. You need to sit down by yourself and recognize your feelings. Maybe in the effort of silencing the demons within you, you have suppressed them to the point that they are now finding their own gateway to let out.
A perfect way to let the devious emotions out is to pen them down. A diary is a man’s best friend. Without the judgment, without the unsolicited advice, without the questions, but definitely with the answers that you didn’t know but that lay inside you, all of this can be treasured in writing. Writing for yourself, for your emotions, and figuring out what’s hurting will be the first step toward healing. If you want to do better, you must start journaling. To be at emotional peace during snappy episodes, you can indulge in answering journal prompts as well.
What is journaling?
Journaling is a restorative activity that enables you to be open and honest with yourself as well as look back and look ahead at your life. It creates a space that enables you to contemplate the extraordinary aspects of your life and depart from damaged identities with the aid of the most potent tool, as one must say a pen. Just putting your thoughts and feelings into writing will help you comprehend them better and gain control over the?
What are journal prompts?
Journal prompts are essentially a series of questions aimed at eliciting a specific feeling or emotion. It is designed to make you feel a certain way and encourage you to reflect on that feeling. It is like pinching the soul. When we are overwhelmed by feeling too much or too little, open-ended questions can help us take the first step. They are also designed for times when we are concentrating on a specific issue, such as self-care, self-hurt, vulnerability, stress, anxiety, self-love, or cluelessness within a personal or professional dimension.
Benefits of answering the prompts:
Prompts can be of benefit to those who are willing to pen down their emotions but do not know where to start. It can also be fruitful for those who want to break the pattern of repetitive journaling and mix things up instead of mixing their emotions. Additional advantages of journal prompts for emotional recovery include:
- Helps you to channel and process your emotions.
- Provides mental clarity
- Promote overall peace as your thoughts and emotions are under control.
- Helps to unlock the underlying creativity.
- Boosts thinking capacity
- Provides self-discovery that further helps to let go of negative attachments.
- Controls stress and anxiety as you are able to figure out what is going on.
Journal Prompts To Help You Heal
- How did being around people make you feel today?
- Were you able to communicate your feelings and thoughts to your partner?
- At any point in your life, what are the things that made you feel vulnerable?
- Who are the people you reach out to when you are not feeling your best self? How are they different from others?
- Did you react unnecessarily to something that could have been avoided? Why do you feel it was avoidable or not?
- Do you owe someone an apology? Are you ready to face them yet?
- Does someone owe an apology to you? How did they do you wrong? Why could you not confront them at the point of conflict?
- Would you have treated someone you care for the same way you are treating yourself?
- If you had to choose a word or emotion to solve any of your problems, what would it be?
- What are the things that make you feel confident?
- What is the one quality that you would like to teach the world?
- What is something new that you learned today?
- How do you feel about writing about your emotions?
- If you were to celebrate yourself, what are the reasons that would be the highlight of the party?
- Did you utilize your day as planned? If not, it is okay! Try tomorrow. Are you willing to try tomorrow?
It is not always black and white, especially when feelings, emotions, thoughts, and opinions are involved. It is never that simple. But it is never invalid, either. Whatever you are feeling is fine or will be fine sometime in the future. Do not forget, you are not “too weird”, “too confident”, “too sensitive,” or too much of anything. You are complete and wholesome, just the way you are supposed to be!