Aging is a natural and beautiful process. Embracing it in the best possible way bolsters our self-esteem and confidence. As women age, their skin changes, losing its elasticity, hydration, and suppleness. However, rather than giving up on makeup in the face of these changes, there are makeup options that can help restore the skin’s vitality and natural beauty. Even while cell layers stay the same, the epidermis thins with age.
After 50, our skin changes drastically and is no longer the perfect canvas that it was before. The cosmetics are not meant for mature skin, and the skin becomes susceptible to illness and damage. This is the reason why women over 50 should only use makeup products made for mature skin types. Women over 50 should be mindful of the ingredients that their makeup products contain. This blog will talk about steps and products for mature skin. We have also made a list of some of the best makeup tips for mature skin.
Makeup for the Mature
To have healthy skin, it is crucial to follow a consistent skincare routine that includes washing, moisturizing, and exfoliating.
Moisturizer: as the skin gets older, the production of natural oils decreases. if a person have had normal skin it tends to be very dry during the 40s or 50s. Thus, the skin should be hydrated enough before doing makeup.
- Primer: This step is not to be skipped for the matured skin. primer smoothens the skin surface for better makeup application.
Makeup artist Beth Foller says, “I really take extra time prepping the skin for a mature skin application. That’s where primer comes in, as it can be particularly beneficial for mature skin types since it can keep makeup products from settling into fine lines and wrinkles.”
Foundation: wrinkles can’t be hidden, so instead of trying to hide them, draw more attention to them. people above 50 should try to use a hydrating Foundation which does not give a cakey look. a perfect match Foundation or a concealer may make you look washed out. so always go for a warm shade.
Concealer: Much of your skin’s makeup should be applied in thin layers as a product settles on the fine lines and wrinkles. One can skip the concealer step. It can be used in a small amount to hide redness or marks.
It is advised to use a moisture-packed concealer under the eyes.
Bronzer: Bronzer helps define the cheekbones. It sculpts and gives a chiseled look to the face. This is a skippable step too.
Blush: blush is very effective to give the face colorfulness and glow. It makes the face look very alive. although for this age group, blush can also be used to sculpt the face. Warm blush shades like pink or rose gold work for many skin tones. It should also contain a hydrating formula.
Eyeshadow and compact: Due to sagging skin in the eye area, dark eye makeup should be avoided. Soft colors on the eyelids look perfect. One can always choose brown over black as it is very good for mature skin. mascara should be done on the upper lashes only to give A dramatic effect and a younger look. Similarly, the brows should be done naturally only. the Arches should be filled in properly giving hair-like strokes.
For compact, you can use a very light one to fix and even out the makeup.
Eye makeup products:
Lipstick: lastly, lipstick should be able to define the lips but it should be applied in the right amount. one can always go for lost lipstick to give a little Shine to their bare lips.
Peach colors are recommended.
5 Tips for Applying Ageless Makeup
- Always start with moisturized skin. Older ladies might benefit from a moisturizing product that contains glycolic acid and jojoba. It makes the skin plump and bouncy, which aids in the healing of inflamed skin and makes the skin more elastic.
- Don’t neglect the primer: primer should always be used on the face, even by ladies in their later years. It serves as a foundation, helping makeup last all day. It creates a layer between the skin and cosmetics by coating the face. It conceals imperfections including fine lines, enlarged pores, and dry patches. Most foundations for mature skin should include a primer.
- Blend it thoroughly; a damp sponge must be used for foundation application. The small tools work well on wrinkled skin and collect extra products. To avoid using more concealer or foundation, apply it first to the back of your hand.
- Select liquid makeup: it is easy to blend with mature skin and gives a dewy finish.
- Follow your skincare ritual religiously before creating a base for the makeup. Always prep your skin with eye cream and vitamin C serum. If you don’t have one, build a skincare routine to provide nourishment to the skin.