Nina Dobrev and Julianne Hough are known for their inseparable friendship. And recently, they have been all over the media for the celebration of their decade-long bond.
While talking to People, Dobrev said, “We connected shortly after the introduction and have been inseparable ever since.”
While Hough commented, “Nina has become one of my closest friends over the last decade.” Further, Hough added, “She is basically family at this point!”
But what did the two friends meet for? To break your suspense, the two friends met for the celebration of Galentine’s Day.
Now, you may or may not be all that familiar with this term, but don’t worry; this article will tell you all about Galentine’s Day, right from its inception to how you should celebrate it.
Galentine’s Day: Everything You Need to Know
What exactly is Galentine’s Day?
Briefly speaking, Galentine’s Day is the friendship equivalent of Valentine’s Day, an entire day devoted to enjoying the mutual love between the women and non-binary individuals around you. It is entirely up to you as to how you will enjoy it. You can go on a friend’s vacation, or you can send a beautiful letter to your buddies, but it’s all about highlighting the value of and affection amongst your friends.
The origin of Galentine’s Day
The origin of Galentine’s Day is quite interesting. Galentine’s Day, observed on February 13, was conceived as a fictitious holiday 13 years ago by Amy Poehler’s Parks and Recreation character, Leslie Knope.
The holiday with friends dates back to season two, episode 16 of Parks and Recreation. Leslie assembles a bunch of her dearest “gal friends” for a meal full of waffles and love in the 2010 episode that was succinctly titled “Galentine’s Day.” “Every February 13, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast style,” she says in the episode. “Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas.”
Galentine’s Day was therefore informally added to everyone’s calendar. Galentine’s Day has become such a well-known false holiday that several businesses now promote it. Galentine’s Day merchandise abounds on Etsy, Hallmark provides specialised cards, and you can also purchase Galentine’s Day flower bouquets. Can it be any more authentic than that?
Want to know more about celebrating G-Day? Read below
If you want to celebrate your Galentine’s Day, then you must celebrate it in style! However, it is entirely up to you how you want to celebrate or whether you want to celebrate at all. However, you can use the following suggestions to celebrate Galentine’s Day:
- Many people opt to honour Leslie Knope, the “forebear of Galentine’s Day,” by organising a waffle and cocktail breakfast. You may celebrate it in a similar fashion.
- You can book a restaurant and have a fancy dinner with your favourite people, and you can pop the champagne together as well.
- A salon or spa day isn’t a bad idea either. You can have a girl’s day with all the luxuries: a mani-pedi session, a haircut, or something else; it’s your day, so enjoy it.
- You gals can have a sleepover or a pyjama night and enjoy it to the fullest; you can prank call, relive your memories, play different games, and so on.
- A short trip is a great idea as well. A small getaway with the people you love is a great way to celebrate Galentine’s Day.
- If your close friends are living away from home, you can have a group video call and send them gifts like care packages or anything else they like.
- A Galentine’s Day might remain incomplete if you don’t go out on a shopping spree with your buddies. Therefore, that is a very good option to spend time with your gals!
- You and your friends might go to the theatre to watch a movie.
Nina Dobrev and Julianne Hough’s Galentine’s Day essentials
Celebrities and their essentials are always a hot topic, and when it comes to Nina Dobrev and Julianne Hough, people get all too excited. The two friends have a few things that are essential for them while they celebrate Galentine’s Day. Want to know what these essentials are? Then read below: