Many people have a hard time finding their ring size and end up not wearing the ring they picked out. If you’re looking to buy a custom-made ring, it is important that you know your size for a better fit and an overall better experience.
Here are five ways how to measure your ring size for a perfect fit:
- Get measured at the jewelry store: many jewelry stores offer free sizing with purchase of any ring. This is the best way to get your size so you can order your ring without worrying about getting it wrong. When you are at the store, tell them what type of ring you are interested in buying and that they need to be sized for a custom fit. You’ll want to make sure that the jewelry store measures your finger with a metal ring sizer.
- Use string, paper or other round items: Cut a length of string and wrap it around the finger where you would wear the ring. Mark the spot where it overlaps on itself and compare this measurement to those given in millimeters. If this is too difficult, you can also use a piece of paper or other round object that has the same diameter as your ring size. Wrap it around the finger on which the ring will be worn and mark where it overlaps. Then measure the length of string or paper with a ruler to find your circumference.
- Call on an expert: if neither of the methods above works for you, don’t worry. You can always call on a jewelry expert to measure your finger and find the perfect fit. More often than not, jewelers are happy to help you out if they’re not too busy with other customers.
- Buy a ring sizer tool: another method is using a ring sizer tool. These are rings that have adjustable sizes so you can determine how small or how large on the ring needs to be for a perfect fit. A pliable ring sizer will work best on your finger, while metal ones are used when trying to measure rings for customers at their store.
- Use flexible but sturdy measuring tape: this type of measuring tape is often used by tailors and can also be used to estimate your ring size. Wrap the tape around the finger where you would like to wear the ring and then read how many millimeters fit into your chosen finger space. When measuring, make sure that the tape is level with the floor to avoid an inaccurate measurement.
Men’s ring sizes are different than women’s ring sizes. Generally, you can go up two sizes to find the right fit for a man and up three sizes to find the right fit for a woman. You may need to know how to measure ring size if you want to buy someone a gift and don’t have access to their ring size.
For more information on getting the perfect and custom rings, find a professional source for custom silicone rings where you could choose the design, color, and ring size you want for you and your partner.